As the Elementary Teachers Federation of Ontario (ETFO) has a Province wide Full Withdrawal of Services today, there have been announcements of further job action for next week.
While the Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation (OSSTF) has not yet announced an escalation or continuation of rotating strikes for next week; the Ontario English Catholic Teachers’ Association (OECTA) has announced that members will be enhancing their administrative job action beginning Tuesday, February 11.
Meaning that during the regular school day, OECTA members will only undertake their scheduled teaching and supervision duties. They will not accept additional tasks or assignments. Parent-teacher interviews will go ahead if they have been scheduled. Teachers will continue to participate in extra-curricular activities.
The ETFO on the other hand has announced another week of full withdrawal of services. Saying they will continue their strike action next week, having sent five-day notices to school boards and authorities across the province.
Once again it is going to be a full week of rotating strikes with one Province wide day in the following schedule:
- February 10: One-day strikes in Avon Maitland, Durham, Durham Catholic (designated early childhood educators only),Halton, Hastings-Prince Edward, Lambton Kent, Rainbow, Thames Valley, Upper Canada and Upper Grand school boards and Campbell Children’s School Authority.
- February 11: One-day strike of all 83,000 ETFO members.
- February 12: One-day strikes in Algoma, Greater Essex, Limestone, Niagara, Renfrew County, Toronto, Toronto Catholic (designated early childhood educators only) and Waterloo school boards, Moosonee and Moose Factory District School Authorities and Bloorview, John McGivney Children’s Centre, KidsAbility and Niagara Peninsula Children’s Centre School Authorities.
- February 13: One-day strikes in Bluewater, Grand Erie, Hamilton-Wentworth, Keewatin-Patricia, Lakehead, Ontario North East, Ottawa-Carleton, Peel, Penetanguishene, Protestant Separate, Simcoe County, Superior-Greenstone, Trillium Lakelands and York Region School Boards, and Ottawa Children’s Treatment Centre.
- February 14: One-day strikes in Kawartha Pine Ridge, Near North and Rainy River School Boards.
This means that Grande Erie District School Board (GEDSB) elementary students will need to be home from school Today, as well as next Tuesday and Thursday. Also important to note is that Brant-Haldimand-Norfolk Catholic District School Board (BHNCDSB) Schools are open Today, and so far next week as well.
The issues remain unchanged, as both sides continue to declare the other is lying to the public, and no new dates for negotiation are currently scheduled.