Valentine’s Day is coming up quick this weekend and there are plenty of sweethearts who will be separated this weekend because of the pandemic. While a card is a sweet way to say I Love You, there isn’t much time left to get those through the mail, and frankly it may not make it in time.
But there is another way to send a message this Sunday that is instantaneous and can be used as a way to not only express yourself, but also get a conversation started, or keep one going. Valentine’s Day text messages are just fine, as long as you don’t say the wrong thing.
To help keep you on the right track here are 11 text suggestions to send your sweetie on Feb. 14th from Bustle.com:
1. Roses are red, iMessages are blue. I hate green texts, but I’ll do it for you.
I love you even though I had to download WhatsApp to video chat you.
2. Want to celebrate tomorrow when the candy is half-off at CVS?
Nothing says “flirty” like being frugal.
3. I know Valentine’s Day is cheesy, but we’re so gouda together, I think we’re really meant to brie.
You really put the “cute” in charcuterie.
4. I like you every day, but today I got you chocolates.
This is 100% inspired by 500 Days of Summer, and I’m not ashamed.
5. I’m thinking we ditch the fancy dinner and go straight to dessert.
Don’t worry, we can eat takeout in bed after.
6. Happy Valentine’s Day! I love you more than there are steps in my skincare routine.
And you know I love my serums.
7. I love you so much I’d give you my charger when my phone was on 1%.
Now that is love.
8. Happy Valentine’s Day, babe! Happy we get to kiss.
Or fall asleep watching Bridgerton. You know, whatever works.
9. Full disclosure: I forgot to get you a present, but I think I can find a way to make it up to you…
You can also try: “I have to give you my present in person.”
10. Do you think everyone knows I have a big crush on you? That’s embarrassing…
It’s almost like we’re dating or something.
11. Happy V-Day! Can’t wait to see you later. I’ll be thinking of you all day.
Earnest is always in style.
Whether the text is just a precursor to a call, or it’s setting the tone for a day of gifts and surprises, here’s to a happy Valentine’s Day.