Mother’s Day is this Sunday and if you have not ordered your gift yet, chances are you won’t see it before Sunday comes and goes. That being said a recent survey out of the United States indicates that Mothers aren’t looking for things this year; they’re looking for quality time.
People are suffering from Social Distancing fatigue and are craving connection. This includes Mothers and Grandmothers, and if you have an opportunity to spend a little quality time with a Mom or Grandma, that is what they are after.
US Foods recently surveyed more than 2,000 moms across America to better understand exactly what they want from their families this Mother’s day.
Here’s what they found:
- 50% of moms wanted quality time with their family compared to 5% who wanted gifts this Mother’s Day.
- The gifts they did want most are gift cards or experiences.
- The top 3 things mom’s do NOT want this mother’s day are to be asked to clean, to do the cooking, or for anyone to whine/fight/start crying.
- 75% say there’s someone they won’t be able to hug this year because of quarantine.
- Mom’s ideal mother’s day activities this year include: Watching TV/movies, playing games with the family, and reading.
- Moms most desired gift this year is takeout or delivery from their favorite restaurant with wine or champaign.
Find the full report here. But another interesting result was that 15% of moms wanted some peace and quiet in the form of alone time. If that’s the case you might consider doing the Hotel at Home idea and leaving them in peace to enjoy what you have set up. Though, 71% want to be pampered and waited on by their family – so keep that in mind.
Source: US Foods.