In 2012, the City of Brantford’s Parks and Recreation and the Brantford Public Library came together with the community to provide a Skate Exchange Program. Over 100 pairs were donated in the programs first year and over 60 pairs of skates were given to members of the community. They’re excited to announce that over the past six years more than 900 pairs of skates have been donated those in need of skates!
The community Skate Exchange is a chance for people to drop off their gently used skates and trade them in for another gently used pair that fits. They’re asking everyone to have a look in their attic, basement, and garage or shed, for skates that are not being used, and donate them. It’s that simple and easy to help to get a pair of skates that fit or to help someone else in your community!
Skate Exchange Details for pickup
Day: every Friday
Date: January 4 to January 25, 2019
Time: 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location: Brantford Public Library (Main Branch, 173 Colborne Street)
- Brantford Public Library (Main Branch, 173 Colborne St.)
- Civic Centre (79 Market St.)
- Doug Snooks Eagle Place C.C. (333 Erie Ave) Parks and Recreation Main Office (1 Sherwood Dr.)
- Lions Park/Steve Brown Sports Complex (20 Edge St.)
- T.B Costain/SC Johnson C. C. (16 Morrell St.)
- Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre (254 N Park St.)
- Woodman Park C.C. (491 Grey St.)
Anyone requiring more information can call 519-756-1500 ext. 5523 or email firstname.lastname@example.org