If you’re looking for where to go on Social Media that isn’t going to hit you with Coronavirus, politics, or environmental dread; here’s a list of 5 pages to follow and fill your feed with good, wholesome, fun; provided by the good people over at Vogue.
- 1. @MadMax_FluffyRoad – an Instagram account following the adventures of Maxine the corgi. It’s a feel-good account filled with videos of her having the run of New York City with her owner. – Suggested by David Vo, Designer
- 2. @M_Crouton – A twitter account dedicated to the life of a fawn-colored calf, named Crouton, who lives at the Squirrelwood Equine Sanctuary with his best friend Lucious OG (that’s Original Goat for the uninitiated.) – Suggested by Estelle Tang, Senior Culture Editor
- 3. @Shedd_Aquarium – Another Instagram, this one from Chicago’s Shedd Aquarium. Even though it’s closed to visitors through March 29, the aquarium’s residents are getting a share of the limelight thanks to the dedicated animal care staff who continue to ensure their health, safety, and Instagram clout. – Suggested by Jenna Adrian-Diaz, Features Assistant
- 4. @StephenCooksFrench – If cooking is your thing you won’t want to skip this Instagram account. It’s just a guy cooking one classic French dish a day and plating it up in a smart, simple way. – Suggested by Liam Hess, Contributor
- 5. @MignonetteTakesPictures – When it comes to simplicity this Instagram account may take the cake. It’s simply beautiful. Photos of soothing landscapes and cute baby animals. – Suggested by Fernando Dias De Souza, Innovation Director
Again, it’s can be a dark world if that is all you focus on. Be sure to fill your life and time with as much light as you can find. Hopefully this small list helps.